Thursday August 13th, 2015 Join Antoinette and Marc with their special guest Mike Michalowicz, author of Profit First and other must read business books. Learn Why most businesses are never profitable and what to do about it. Broadcasted at 10 am on WVNJ 1160 on your AM dial.
Topic: Why most businesses are never profitable and what to do about it
- GAAP accounting is flawed. Not in the logic, but in that it doesn’t work with the natural behavior of the entrepreneur
- Parkinson’s Law – the law that dictates all human behavior, and how it can be your best aly.
- Why you need to take your profit first. Always.
- The power of “small plates” (multiple accounts)
- Why you can’t go about profit by yourself – team up with peers and/or financial pros
Thursday April 16th, 2015 Join Antoinette Gangi and Marc Demetriou with guest Battalia Winston’s, President Terence Gallagher in an informative discussion on Effective Career Management. Broadcasted at 10 am on WVNJ 1160 on your am dial.
Effective Career Management Show Topics:
- Industry Growth
- Company Growth
- Strategic proactive moves vs. tactical reactive moves
- Best practices for career management
Terence Gallagher Bio Continue reading
Thursday March 19th, 2015 Join Antoinette Gangi and Marc Demetriou with guest Richard Lambert, a founding partner in the law firm of Dunn Lambert, L.L.C. in Paramus NJ, to learn the ins and outs of Selling a Business for the Most Money. Broadcasted at 10 am on WVNJ 1160 on your am dial.
Selling a Business for the Most Money: How to Avoid the 10 Biggest Mistakes That a Business Seller Makes
- Owner does not start the process early enough
- Owner does not know how much he needs to sail off into the sunset
- Owner does not obtain an independent valuation for the company
- Owner does not have a team of experts and/or does not delegate the important tasks to them in order to properly execute the sale
- Owner does not hire a seasoned sell-side M&A company
- Owner underestimates the importance of the letter of intent
- Owner not understanding the importance of the definitive purchase agreement
- Not paying enough attention to the seller’s disclosure schedules
- Focusing too much on price and not enough on terms
- Not understanding what a seasoned M&A attorney brings to the table